5 Things You Should Never DIY for Your Wedding
Everyone wants to save a bit of money on their wedding and DIY projects are a great way to do just that. However, there are certain things that you should simply leave to the professionals.
Wedding DIY Don’ts
1. Your Photos. This cannot be stressed enough. Far too many couples have hired a cousin or friend to take some casual photos at their wedding in an effort to save costs, only to be disappointed later on. You may think that quality photos won’t matter to you but they do make a big difference, especially considering your photographer takes hundreds of photos in order to select a handful of beautiful shots that are then also processed. Everyone wants to look back at flattering photos of themselves on their big day and even if you’re convinced that a friend or family member will do an excellent job, it will never quite be what a seasoned wedding photographer can produce.
Quote from Sydney Baye: If you get married without documenting it through photos, did it ever happen?
We’ll laugh. We’ll cry. And, I will make sure you stay hydrated, rested and lookin’ fine as hell.
Sydney Baye Photography: https://www.sydneybaye.com/weddings
2. Your cake. Yes, it may sound easy enough to buy a few boxes of cake mix and whip something up at home but if it’s not a cake that you would be proud to present to family and friends and have in your photos, it’s best to leave the baking to the professionals. Plus, this would just be one extra thing that you would need to do right before your wedding when you should be relaxing.
Cake by Marsells Cake & Desserts: https://marsellscakes.com/
3. Your hair and makeup. Unless you have an in-depth knowledge of makeup and hairstyles and could be mistaken for a pro, it’s recommended that you hire a professional to assist you. Wedding makeup artists and hair stylists know how to make your hair and makeup last the entire day, which is something you definitely want. Plus, this is your wedding day and you should be pampered and taken care of.
Hair and makeup by Kiss and Makeup Spokane: https://www.kissandmakeupspokane.com/
4. Your catering. Catering for a wedding is far more stressful and time-consuming than you can imagine and even if you had to rope in friends and family members, it could still end up causing you more stress than saving money is worth. Professional caterers know exactly what goes into preparing food for large groups of people and how to store and transport the food safely too.
Catering by Black Tie Catering NW: http://blacktiecateringnw.com/
5. Your music. It may sound simple enough to just put all of your music on an iPod and play it through a hired speaker but there’s something so useful about having a professional DJ or musician assist you with your music for the day, especially when it comes to your first dance and the father-daughter dance.
When deciding on your wedding DIY projects, really think about everything that goes into successfully completing that specific task before you decide to take it on yourself. A band or a DJ will set the mood and can keep the party going by the way they can read your guests and play the right music at the right time.
Complete Weddings and Events Spokane: https://completewedo.com/
Well, I hope this gave you some insight about the vendors you should consider to help make your wedding day the #BestDayEver. Maybe you’re working with a tight wedding planning budget or maybe you simply love all of the DIY possibilities—in any case, it's a lot of extra details, but it is possible to plan the wedding of your dreams on your own.
But...If you find you need a helping hand along the way, we are here to help guide you. We offer many services, and if your a bride that likes to plan and do everything herself, we have a 2 hour package where we answer all your questions and provide expert advice and resources. Contact me today! Info@satinnsageevenstllc.com
#adventurebride #spokaneweddingplanner #weddingplanner #idahobride #eventplanner #spokanebride #destinationbride #satinnsageevents #engaged #dreamwedding #romantic #realwedding #brideandgroom #bridetobe #countrywedding #luxurywedding #washingtonwedding #idahowedding #ruralwedding #montanawedding #offbeatbrides #loveandwildhearts #weddingcoordinator #spokanewedding